Hello, and thank you for visiting my website. The fact that you are here is a sign that you are ready to improve your health. You are probably wondering how I can help you, and what my qualifications are.
- 14 years of clinical experience; 12 years in private practice
- Licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Board Certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Credentialed as an Acupuncturist by the Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Served as Secretary and Voting Board Member of the Acupuncture Society of Massachusetts (4 years).
- Doctorate Degree in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (DACM).
- Masters Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAOM) from The New England School of Acupuncture, now part of Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular and Cell Biology from The University of Connecticut.
Clinical and Research Experience
- Employed by the Massachusetts General Hospital for four years, as an Acupuncturist and Researcher for studies investigating the use of Acupuncture on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome using fMRI and MEG technology. You can read about my research and publications by clicking here:
- Boston Medical Center Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal units- treating babies and young children; Cancer Outpatient- treatments to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
- Dimock Community Health Center: Roxbury, MA. Providing Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine to patients who would not otherwise be able to afford treatments
- Osher Institute of Harvard Medical School: Tai Chi Research Project with Dr. Peter Wayne and Dr. Gloria Yeh.
I was first introduced to Chinese Medicine as a young adult. I have always been interested in health, and as a child used to love reading the Family Medical Guide with the quizzes and pictures of disease. However, I had never considered it as a career path. Instead, I moved to New York City to study acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute.
Around this time, my mother was battling breast cancer and had what appeared to be a recurrence on her yearly scan. Having witnessed her suffer the side-effects of multiple rounds of chemotherapy, radiation, and tamoxifen, I became consumed with trying to help her fight cancer, and set about researching as much as I could about complementary and alternative treatments. I discovered a whole new world of natural medicine and healing that treated and supported the whole person, and I realized a passion for helping others that ultimately changed the course of my life.
It has been said, that in order to have a happy and fulfilling life, one should choose work that feels more like play. I feel very fortunate to have found such “work”. Traditional Chinese Medicine is a very old and complex practice of healing. I could study it my whole life, and still, have more to learn. It is like getting to solve the most beautiful puzzles, to be able to group seemingly unrelated symptoms into a unified pattern of disharmony and then treat the root of the problem.
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine are effective in treating a wide variety of ailments. My practice is focused on improving Women’s health. Things that I commonly treat are PMS, Endometriosis, PCOS, Infertility, Menopause, Thyroid disease, and Fibromyalgia.
My patients come to me for help with stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, digestive upsets (constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain), migraines, acne, irregular periods, painful periods, night sweats, hot flashes, low libido, low back pain, neck pain, joint pain